How to keep dir structure when building standalone?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 14:10:53 EDT 2008

--- Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:00 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
>
> > Hi Devin, thank you for your offer!
> > The issue with the path to my resources I could
> solve (I was just
> > puzzled
> > with the following issue). But the initial
> question keeps open for me:
> > In the standalone settings of my stack I put the
> resources/file.db
> > in the
> > "copy files" section. After building the
> standalone (on a Win XP) the
> > file.db is copied into the standalone, BUT:
> > 1. with 0 kb (empty file)
> > 2. in the root directory of my app and not in
> resources/file.db
> > I have to delete this corrupted file at the
> "wrong" place and copy
> > manually
> > the file.db (512kb) in a manually created folder
> /resources/ in the
> > standalone package and now everything runs fine.
> > Is my approach to package resource files wrong, am
> I missing some
> > options or
> > is this a bug?
>
> I never use the standalone builder's Copy files
> section. I just
> always open the standalone package and copy them in
> manually. I know
> of several other Rev developers who do the same. So
> it's possible
> that the Copy Files section is just buggy. I never
> found it helpful,
> so have never used it.
>
> Devin

There is a message that the standalone builder sends
to your project's mainstack after the app has been
built: 'standaloneSaved'
You can trap that in your stack script to copy any
remaining files, rather than having to manually copy
everything over.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====