Little Transcript Help Over Here, Please

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 01:11:55 EDT 2008

You seem to be declaring a global inside a handler and then trying to
access the global outside the handler without declaring the global.

Common practice is to declare global at the top of the script, and
then it is accessible to any handler in that script.

Ex.
-- stack script
Global bobtest

On openstack
   put "hey" into bobtest
End openstack

On revealbobtest
   put bobtest -- the message box
End revealbobtest

The above works because the scope of the global is the stack script
itself, NOT the handler, whose scope expires with the termination of
the handler.

Hope this helps

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager