Path to a double-clicked document

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 21:28:06 EDT 2008

How do I get the path to a file that was double-clicked in the OS
(Mac, Windows, and Linux) that opens my standalone?

The association of the standalone to files with a particular
extension is set on the Mac and Windows gives the user the ability to
set up the association if I didn't set it in the registry.

I want the document files for my application to live in a particular
folder and not be anywhere on the drive. When the user double clicks
the file on the file system or as an email attachment, I want to
catch it and offer the user the ability to copy the file from where
it is to where I want it to be.

I assume getting the path will be the same for all the platforms and
I can write the copy/move routine.

Bill Vlahos