concatenate fields

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 19:22:02 EDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:00 AM, "william humphrey"
<shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sarah. I thought I'd have to do it like that with a bunch of
> "if's"
> but I'm always reading these amazing solutions here so I'm
> beginning to
> think that there is some magic beyond ordinary mortals. It is a
> relief to
> know that sometimes the mundane answer is correct.

If you have this utility function:

function sws tText
   -- strips white space (returns, spaces, tabs, etc)
   -- from tText, fore & aft
   return word 1 to -1 of tText
end sws

which I use all the time -- very handy to put in a library -- then
you could do:

put sws(fld "f1" & space & sws(fld "f2" & space & sws(fld "f3")))
into concatFields

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com