WPAD and DHCP Servers

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jul 1 16:59:53 EDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Robert Sneidar wrote:

> Hi Trevor.
>
> Are you trying to set the TCP stack on the local machine to use DHCP
> or are you trying to make an actual DHCP server IN Revolution?

> Sorry if I am missing what you are trying to do.

Hi Bob,

I'm trying to implement the DHCP discovery portion of the WPAD
protocol <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wpad> from within Revolution.
On a network where the WPAD protocol is implemented the network
administrator can have the DHCP server respond to "option 252"
communicated using the DHCPInform message. The response from the DHCP
server is the url where the PAC file is that should be used for
determining the proxy server IP address that should be used for
outgoing connections.

Currently on networks that use WPAD Revolution applications cannot
connect to the internet.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore