How broke is the Player?

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Tue Jul 1 14:13:45 EDT 2008

I dont have a penny!... You happy now?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Hugh Senior" <FlexibleLearning at tiscali.co.uk>
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Sent: 7/1/2008 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: How broke is the Player?

On Jul 1, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Jim Sims wrote:

> I think that I sent you a 2.9 standalone which did play WMV files,
> yes? It would have  been a Rev version.

> It did have some of the controller issues you mention, but
> it did play WMV (handicapped as it was).

You did indeed, sims, and your good offices were the sole reason that I
persisted. There are, however, fundamental functional differences in ability
to play, let alone ability to control, different movie formats between the
RevUI, the mcUI, and a standAlone (where rev and mc obviously coincide). I
have bugzilla'd this as #6672 with a checklist summary of findings at
http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/attachment.cgi?id=1344&action=view.

What really surprises me is that a player object in the RevUI cannot display
a JPEG whereas the mcUI has no problem, and that the RevUI is able to handle
MWV (albeit handicapped without a controller) but the mcUI cannot reference
such files at all.

All most frustrating and not a little contradictory in delivery.

/H