ScriptLimits (was Re: Rev cgi vs. php)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 31 18:41:49 EST 2008

Terry Judd wrote:

> Some possible modifications to scriptlimits that might prevent a Digital
> Chisel type scenario could include...
 >
> (i) making 'long' do statements self-contained - i.e. They can't call any
> other functions or handlers
> (iii) preventing access to custom properties, globals and script locals
> (ii) preventing the creation of interface controls
>
> ...sounds a bit like Rev cgi!

Actually, Rev CGIs can call other functions and handlers, and can access
globals and script locals. They can also access custom properties if
they are working with a stack that has been put in use.

I'm not sure if Rev CGIs can create controls (never tried it,) but since
CGIs have no GUI, I'm not sure it matters.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com