Determine which control is being focused on in focusOut message?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 31 12:17:56 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 11:58 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> True - least that's not against Relativity then... so won't wait with
> messages work? Though I guess it is equivalent in most ways to send
> in...
> and what limitations are you tryin to get around with send in?

In the focusOut handler I call another handler (CheckFocusedObject)
using send in time. CheckFocusedObject then determines if focus is
still within a particular group. If focus is still in the group then a
UI toolbar remains visible. If focus has left the group then the UI
toolbar is hidden.

The UI is basically responding to changes in the focusedObject. I feel
that having the code that turns the UI toolbar on/off within the group
is much cleaner than trying to watch for focus within the group at the
card or frontscript level. I am just hoping to remove any need for
send in time, wait with messages, etc.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore