Determine which control is being focused on in focusOut message?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 31 11:17:48 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Would something like this work?
>
> local lObjID
>
> on focusIn
>   put the ID of the target into lObjID
> end focusIn
>
> on focusOut
>   -- do something wiht lObjID
>   put "" into lObjID
> end focusOut

Hi Chipp,

At first glance I don't think this will give you the object that will
be gaining focus from within the focusOut message of the object losing
focus. The issue is that when an object receives the focusOut message
"the focusedObject" returns the card of the object. What I am
interested in is a reference to the object that will receive the
focusIn message next.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore