Hypercard play command

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:04:50 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 5:25 AM, Mick Collins <mickclns at mac.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on emulating hypercard's play command?
>
> It's been a long time but I think the syntax was:
>
> play soundname  -- to set the default tone/voice/etc
> play stop -- to stop the sound
> play "c4e" --   the note (c in a particular octave) and its length e
> (ighth)

There still is a "play" command, but it only works with audio/video
clips or with audio/video files. Audio clips can be wav, aiff or au
and they can be imported into your stack or played from an external
file.

e.g.
play audioclip "Beep"
stop playing audioclip "Beep"

There is no built-in equivalent to Hypercard's note playing, but the
Midi stack previously recommended might do what you need.

Cheers,
Sarah