revdberr,invalid database type - ODBC - library not loaded

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sat Jan 26 22:09:40 EST 2008

Hi Robert,
If I'm reading your revOpenDatabase script correctly, you're 3rd parameter
is incorrect.
Try this:
revOpenDatabase("ODBC","Remote_EBCO_ODBC",,"userName","password")
(just remove the double quotes from the 3rd parameter, as in revs doc copied
below...)
I use ODBC connections to MSSQL 2000 and that's the way I do it.

>From Rev's Docmentation:
"To use a DSN to identify an ODBC database, use the DSN as the host, and
leave the databaseName parameter empty."

HTH
Mark Stuart