Window "trobbing" in Leopard

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Thu Jan 24 18:03:37 EST 2008

I have noticed a very slight "throb" effect in Leopard that I have
never seen befor. It is not that flicker or flash that was discussed
on many occasions in the past, just a very slight change that I can
only descrive as a "thob." It's as if that light shadow around the
active window in OS X lightens a tiny bit and returns to normal - it
is just a millisecond, but still noticeable. It only happens when the
screen is locked and then unlocked with a visual effect - in this case
wipe. It's almost as if the window goes from active window to not
active window and back to active in an instant. There are only a
handful of handlers in my app that use this, like dialogs appearing to
slide down and up like a sheet. I love how it looks normally, so I'd
like to keep it. I tried to recreate this with a new simple stack, but
it behaves normally. This particular app has been a work in progress
since Panther and pre rev version 2.

Has anyone seen this and maybe figured out a workaround? I does the
same thing in the IDE as well.

Cheers,

Lars