copy/paste shortcuts

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 14:46:54 EST 2008

On 1/24/08 11:31 AM, "Mark Swindell" <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote:

> Thanks for posting this and for the explanation of what may be
> happening.  I voted for the bug post.  I think it's very important
> that this is straightened out.

When the 'copy paste issue' occurs, I have found the following work around

I use a small program called Menu Master (Mac OSX 10.4.11, Tiger) that
allows me to select a menu item, and while holding down the mouse, define a
key shortcut.  I choose control-C and control-V.

I use command-C and V normally, and when the 'focus bug' occurs, I can
usually do command-C, then have to use control-P.  Often this is a temporary
situation and only occurs when I am rushing to meet a deadline.

Could there be a fix that we could do in the lib stacks?
If the focusedOject is in {} then set the fousedObject to default

or
repeat until
   ...is not in {} then set the focusedObject to prevFocusedObject
end repeat

Jim Ault
Las Vegas