Apple HIG updated

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jan 23 23:39:04 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 2:35 AM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

>> I'd like to know, who's the brain trust (dare I say genius?) who
>> decided
>> that folders in the dock should display icons of their contents,
>> rather than
>> the folder icons themselves.  I'm quite curious what was behind this
>> (idiotic) decision.
>
> Yes, that was a completely crazy idea. I made myself folders inside
> the relevant folders, called them " Apps", " Docs" etc (note the
> leading space that makes then sort to the top) and gave these folders
> the same icons as the folders they were in. This gives me a much
> better representation of the folders/

Lots of folks are looking for ways to fix this problem it seems. One
nice solution is at

http://t.ecksdee.org/post/19001860

It seems that a creative user in Japan created a set of slick-looking
icons that you can use for solutions like Sarah suggests. I used them
on my Leopard system, and they look quite nice.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University