CGI, stdin, image handling

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jan 23 20:34:18 EST 2008

One thing that might be useful is that jpeg files have 'magic bytes'
at the start and end.

For jpegs, they are (enclosed in angle brackets)
<ÿØ>  at the start
<ÿÙ>  at the end

(hope these come through email encoding ok)

More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_(programming)

Best,

Mark