LiveStage Pro (was: Another Revolution?)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jan 23 00:29:18 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 12:11 AM, Judy Perry wrote:

> So, who/what's left for QTVR production then?
>
> Trevor?

LiveStage was never really a QTVR production tool.  Though it was
handy for adding some programming logic and hotspots. Apple appears to
be moving more towards having all interactivity handled by the host
application though.

I personally use PTGui for QTVR production. Though still not the most
user friendly UI it has given me the best and most consistent results.
Stitcher is a much more visual tool but I could never get consistent
results with it. Ian could probably comment on the available tools
better than I could though as he does this for a living.

One really cool application I saw at Macworld was Hydra (the
developers were in the booth next to us) which is used for combining
multiple exposures of the same scene into an image that more closely
resembles what the eye sees (HDR image). When you are combining
photographs you sometimes need to tell the application where the
photos overlap. All of the QTVR UIs I've used for telling the program
where the photos overlap are pretty clunky. Hydra has a very smooth
implementation.

You can see screenshots here: <http://creaceed.com/hydra/>. I only
used it during the demo and haven't fired up my copy yet but I was
amazed at how good the UI looked but also how functional it was.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems