Look and Learn . . .

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sun Jan 20 08:08:17 EST 2008

Hi Richmond,

commenting on #4 of your post - b.t.w. this is a so called "visual
programming" or "dataflow programming" where you draw boxes, link them
with arrows and it works... There are lots of tools for this already,
starting with dataflow scripting in Idrisi GIS system and continuing
with a list of  52 other languages like Microsoft VPL:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb483088.aspx
 or Tersus for web applications:
http://www.tersus.com/
or see wikipedia for more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_programming_language
But so far they do not seem very popular...

Well,  me personally prefers writing and reading, i think it is easier,
or maybe I am just used to "symbolic thinking" or don't know how this is
called ;-), so I am happy with Revolution as it is. On the other hand,
given some motivation ($$$) someone can try and implement a plugin for
Revolution for drawing the scripts as dataflow diagrams instead of
writing them. Indeed, why not?..

All the best!
Viktoras