Another Revolution?

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:17:31 EST 2008

Mark,

It would appear that their process is similar to the other Ajax
RAD/IDE's.  I can't comment on the server side itself because I can't
see it.  All I can see is the client code.  However, it appears that
the game is running more-or-less entirely in the browser, which is
what you would expect from a modern Ajax tool.

The seamless building of the server-side portion is also found in some
of the other environments.  In at least some of those tools, when you
"compile" your application, the web server, application server,
database server, and server-side code are built along with the
browser-side static pages, the framework, and the CGI-type code
(XHTTPRequest).

So I'm not surprised that they would be doing all this, since this is
the "modern" way that Ajax project builders work.  I WOULD be
surprised if they built a dumb front-end that required the back end to
do all the work (i.e. in order to turn squares on or off all the
browser would do is tell he server which square was clicked, then the
server would tell the browser what color all the squares should be -
that would be a surprise, and certainly not consistent with the
typical way Ajax apps builders work, and obviously not optimal).