drag question

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jan 18 16:02:14 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

Le 18 janv. 08 à 20:27, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> Eric,
>
> Thank you so much.  Your solution appears to work perfectly. (more
> below)

Glad if it could help :-)

> On Jan 18, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I put a large image on a card then added some grouped label fields
>> on top.
>> First not any mouseDown will be sent to the group when you don't
>> click on an object in this group: this is normal :-)
>
> I wonder why it was working in my case, then?  What I was doing
> _only_ worked when there was no object beneath the group, at least
> none affiliated with the group.  At the lowest card level there was
> the image... could that have passed a mouseUp to a group of which
> it was not part?
>
> (Actually, this isn't entirely true...the fields themselves were
> part of two imbedded groups within the main card group that held
> the script.)
>
>> Second, I noticed that mouseDown is received when clicking on a
>> field but the grab command is not executed :-(
>> Sounds like a bug to me...
>
> I guess I should file this, then.  My assumption was correct then,
> that the mouseDown over the field should have been acted on in the
> group script?

I wonder: probably the 'grab' command does not work when the dragged
object is not the object just under the mouse even if it is transparent.
No time now to experiment but I suspect something like this: kind of
security scheme to not confuse beginners ;-)
Docs don't say anything about such a point.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.