importing a bunch of files

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Thu Jan 17 13:31:01 EST 2008

Have you written a file tree spider?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Thierry" <00bioarchimed at free.fr>
To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: 1/17/2008 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: importing a bunch of files

Hi Randall,

> If you follow shuch a scheme,   <.......>

> All of this points to why it makes sense at times to interface your
> stack to a professional data base and let it do all of this
> structural efficiency heavylifting (that is what it is there for).
> I like to build my own cause i like to learn...

> But the obsession is almost killing me.

Well, as far as I can see with your emails,
it seems you're full alive :-)

Thanks for all your remarks.

Mmmmm, without explaining all the project,
I can give some rules which can be seen as formal facts:

- No database engine wanted !

-  No databases needed for this tree files.... It's only a tree !
    These files are Text and only Text ,
     and they are read only once,
     but don't know when and in which order.

- From the user's point of view, it will makes no
    differences at all ( even fully invisible ) that the file is read
from the disk
    or from whatever revolution's container where the text will be
stored in.

- Revolution will be absolutely ignorant about the meaning of these
files

- If all the files to be imported in a stack are too big,
    they can be compressed as an option.

- must work on Mac/Windows/Linux boxes

Here is the context of my question about transforming a tree of files.
By now, I will try  to do this with custompropertysets,
and see what happens.....

Regards,
Thierry