dimming of Edit menu items after using OsX file dialogue

Andrew Meit meitnik at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 14 14:33:34 EST 2008

Hi,

HELP
I have found both in 2.8.1/2.9b10 that after calling OsX's standard
file dialogue to open a file the first 4 menuitems under my Edit menu
(stand editing stuff) becomes disabled until I force a redraw of the
window by either iconizing it in the dock and uniconizing it or by
opening another window and then bring the main stack window frontmost
again. btw, yes when I use a hardwired file path, the edit menuitems
do remain enabled; hence, know its how Rev is calling the OsX.

I hoping this is not an engine bug for this is an important demo for
a commercial product! I can't afford to wait another year or months
for a fix! Please share any solution thats not too badly a hack.

Thank you. :-)

specs:
10.4.10, ibook g4 1.42mhz, 1g ram
menubar made via Rev menubar tool