Rev on OLPC Sugar OS?

Tim Shields ShieldsOnTour at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:48:58 EST 2008

Hi there,

We have tested Rev on XO in the office, and I can report that
standalone applications work without any (known) problems - as long as
you keep in mind the limitations of the XO Sugar Windowing system.

XO uses the Matchbox window manager. This window manager ALWAYS has
all windows fullscreen, with the exception of Modal windows. As a
result of this multi-window application will not appear correctly -
each window (or stack) will appear fullscreen and you have to flip
between them.

You can develop apps for the OLPC using Rev very effectively though if
you just use a single stack that is designed to the resolution of the
OLPC screen ( 1200x900 I believe).

On a similar note : Rev also works on the Asus Eee straight out of the
box :-)

Best regards,

Tim.