Many Cards Versus One Card and a List Field

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Tue Jan 15 20:26:17 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> In this thread we've outlined three distinct ways of managing data
> with Rev:
>
> 1. < 3,000 records:  cards work okay
> 2. < 50,000 records: delimited text stored in custom properties
> 3. > 50,000 records: true database engine (SQlite, MySQL, etc.)
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal

Option 3. > 50,000 records you said to use a database.

What would be the disadvantage of using cards and a database
together.  So the
database handles the searching etc. but the card includes info you
don't need to
access from the database.  And if you find you do need to access it
you just build
another database to access it.

-=>JB<=-