Many Cards Versus One Card and a List Field

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Jan 15 05:51:10 EST 2008

Peter, did you look into using arrays and customPropertySets?
In (somewhat) similar circumstances, I've found that these can deal
with largish data sets and provide pretty good performance.
I have 18000+ records in one of my data sets, each record with
between 3 and 30 fields. I save the data as a customPropertySet in a
stack file, and archive it regularly as a text file in a simple text
format. Searching and comparing within the data seems quite quick on
the whole, and though I don't have to produce nicely formatted
reports I do have to assemble sub-sets of the data (by searching) in
regular use.

Best,

Mark