How to change cursor with ctrl and shift?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 15:40:14 EST 2008

--- Sakari Ruoho <sakari.ruoho at academica.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Was wondering how to change the mouse cursor
> behavior, when user
> presses either ctrl or shift key? Like in photoshop
> with select tool
> where u can add to selection by pressing shift and
> remove from
> selection by pressing ctrl? If anyone has
> implemented anything like
> this, any help would be appreaciated. Thank you!
>
> Sakari Ruoho

Hi Sakari,

Others already suggested trapping the 'mouseWithin'
message, or polling every 100 milliseconds using a
'send in time' construct; here's a different approach:

##

local sKeysDown

on rawKeyDown pKey
  if the keysDown is not sKeysDown then RefreshCursor
  pass rawKeyDown
end rawKeyDown

on rawKeyUp pKey
  if the keysDown is not sKeysDown then RefreshCursor
  pass rawKeyUp
end rawKeyUp

on RefreshCursor
  put the keysDown into sKeysDown
  if the controlKey is down then
    set the defaultCursor to hand
  else
    set the defaultCursor to arrow
  end if
end RefreshCursor

##

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====