HyperNext ? Worth a look ?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 17:28:11 EST 2008

Vampiring about with HyperNext . . .

http://www.tigabyte.com/index.html

I found the 'Map Viewer' example and thought it was
rather good . . .

although the project is hard-coded to one map (that
would have to go),

and the buttons look awful . . .

And, If, One wants to be really B*tchy; the code looks
kinda' clunky compared with how one would achieve the
same in RR/MetaCard.

And, Yeah; what about the OS that will slowly but
surely munch its way into Microsoft's domination?

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=205602879

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9819344-39.html

A RAD that doesn't work on Linux and build standalones
for it is going to miss out on quite a bit soon.

Lee Morgan wrote; "there is a lot of information
that's NOT there."
Yup!

And the forums st*nk: makes me wonder about setting up
a Yahoo Group: will keep folks posted.

However, and it is a big However; the guy has quite a
few good ideas
(which creeps like me are probably not above pinching
and re-implementing in xTalk).

Even if for no other reason than his good ideas the
Tigabyte bloke needs support - and, further to that,
he has been "at it" quite some time.

And; it seems he's been "at it" all by himself, which
has got to be fairly impressive.

I don't think one should come down on Tigabyte too
heavily, but see it as a gadfly that we users of
RR/Metacard can use to show us areas and ideas that
may be overlooked. I, also, dislike a world that is
dominated by Windows; however, as a Mac and Linux
enthusiast, would be worried if either of those OSes
dominated in the same way; it is not healthy. It may
be similarly unhealthy if RR comes to dominate the
"stack-ware" field/market. Monopolies result in
stagnation and smugness.

I hope that Tigabyte develops into something good.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.