Showing unsaved status for document-based windows

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 16:31:16 EST 2008

Just wondering how people normally show that a file needs to be saved.

This is for an OS X-only app, so ideally I'd like to show a darker
blob in the red 'close' button in the titlebar, but this doesn't seem
to be an option in Rev without rebuilding the titlebar...

Other suggestions? The titlebar of the doc window shows "Application
Name: Document Name" so I may add * to the end, but this seems mostly
to be a Windows convention.

Ian