Anyone know of a way to lock the Dock in Leopard?

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sat Jan 12 00:12:26 EST 2008

To get this tip into the List Archives I'm adding the following
exchange:

Derek Bump replied offlist to sims:
"Worked like a charm!  I had to VNC into the Mac Mini, so it took
longer than expected, but wow did it work!  Should make things a
little easier now!  Thank you again!"

Derek Bump

Jim Sims wrote:

> OFF LIST
> Maybe my email didn't make it to the list??
> Doesn't the following work for you?

> ----sent 8 January  -------
> I'm not running Leopard here (I'm away from my machine that has
> Leopard)
> but this works on 10.4
> Terminal
> To LOCK the Dock use:
> defaults write com.apple.dock contents-immutable -bool true
> killall Dock
> To UNLOCK use:
> defaults write com.apple.dock contents-immutable -bool false
> killall Dock

sims
ClipaSearch Pro
http://www.ClipaTools.com