OT: Anyone know of a way to lock the Dock in Leopard?

Derek Bump runrev at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Jan 11 13:08:06 EST 2008

Ken Ray wrote:
 > Not that I know of, AFAIK to do something like that would require a
 > third party launcher (or build your own), and then hide the Dock. But
 > it it does make me curious - why would you want to lock the Dock?

Not a bad idea at all.  Create my own dock that prevents adding/removing.

The reason I would like to lock the items in the dock is because a
customer of mine would REALLY benefit from it.  He's an older man, and
with his arthritis, he has problems with clicking and dragging.  When he
intends to click once (such as on an icon in the dock), he'll
accidentally hold down the mouse button for too long and drag the mouse
a little.  Poof... the icon he's gotten accustomed to clicking is now gone.

To make matters worse, this is the first computer he has EVER used.  I
mean, ever!  So making things very simple for him is the best route to take.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com

Compress your photos quickly and easily with JPEGCompress 2.9!
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/products/jpegcompress/