Arrows Keys and List Fields

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jan 11 12:47:03 EST 2008

Hi Gregory,

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a list field, and as I use the Up and Down keys, I want to
> display the contents of individual lines in another field.  The list
> field's handler below displays the lagged line and not the one that
> was keyed to because the selected line doesn't change until the pass
> arrowKey command is invoked and that has to happen at the end for
> the line to change.
>
> Not sure how to get what I want.
>
> 	Gregory
>
> on arrowKey theKey
>  if theKey is "Up" or theKey is "Down"
>  then
>    put the value of the selectedLine of the target into fld "Display"
>    pass arrowKey
>  end if
> end arrowKey

I use to send a "mouseup" to the field.

## In the field:
on mouseup
   put the selectedtext of me into fld "Display"
end mouseup

## In the field or anyhwere else:
on arrowKey theKey
  if theKey = "Up" or theKey = "Down"  then
    send "mouseup" to fld "Your field here..." in 5 millisecs
    pass arrowKey
  end if
end arrowKey

Regards