Rev on OLPC Sugar OS?

Tim Shields ShieldsOnTour at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:09:23 EST 2008

Hi there

We have run Rev standalones under XO Sugar in the office without any
(known) problems. However there are a few issues that should be noted.

XO Sugar uses Matchbox as its windowing manager. Unfortunately (for
us) Matchbox makes all windows fullscreen (with the exception of Modal
windows). As such each stack in your application will run fullscreen
and you have to switch between them.  Short of having our users
install a different window manager (which can be done :-) ) this is a
limitation that we cannot get round. This also means that although the
IDE technically runs, its pretty much unusable.

However, you can still successfully develop applications for the OLPC
if you only use a single stack and design it to the OLPC's screen
resolution ( which I think is 1200x900 ).

On a similar note : Rev works fine straight out-of-the-box on the Asus
Eee too :-)

Regards,

Tim
Senior Developer