tapping into finder events

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Wed Jan 9 23:10:14 EST 2008

What i am asking is no closer to the os than most anything xtalk does... Its just that it apparently hasnt be asked of xtalk before.

I can't think of anything more useful than being able to use automate file system objects as they are created by the user (in any program).  Am i really the only one who is wishing in this direction?  Imagine something as simple as having every image file tht ends up on the desktop being emeditely moved to the user's
image folder.  Imagine the spotlight comments fork of that file being auto annotated with relavent ontological trees.  Imagine alias files being auto generated and stored in appropriate project folder trees.  And that is just the beginning.  One could script super complex semantic pattern engines that could extract user interest vectors, auto track resources, and potentially "do some of our work for us".  If apple and microsoft are to scared to build inteligence into their os's... The maybe we could.

randall