Board game with pieces / scrolling images in sync?

Andres Martinez andres at bakno.com
Wed Jan 9 14:31:12 EST 2008

Hello Josh

Answers below...

Regards,
Andres Martinez
www.baKno.com

On Jan 9, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Joshua Lawrence wrote:

> Thanks, Andres.  So a couple of extra questions:  how
> does adding/removing pieces during play work when the
> pieces are grouped with the board?  Are 'out-of-play'
> pieces actually on the board at all times, but you
> make them invisible when necessary?  Or do you
> add/remove pieces to the group via scripting
> throughout a game session?

You can do both. If the number of pieces is relative small or if they
have many different properties (images, properties, etc.), I recommend
you hide them. Otherwise it is better to add/remove via script.

> Also, is there a good tutorial on using relative
> positions?  The Rev docs seem to be skimpy on the
> subject.  Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm still
> new to Rev. ;)

I don't know about such tutorial. My recommendation is to move any
piece relative to the current position of that same piece.