Creating .icns files on Mac.

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 00:36:54 EST 2008

Chipp,

Install the Developer Tools (optional install for OS X) and you will
find "Icon Composer" which will allow you to import (just drag and
drop) .png or other formatted graphics files. It will save the .icns
file for the Mac. I then used Iconographer on the Mac to make Windows
icon file from the icns file.

You will still need some sort of graphics program to create the
graphics (Windows or Mac) to import into Icon Composer. Photoshop
Elements is a lot less expensive that Photoshop and it might be fine
for creating graphics.

It is pretty easy once you get the right tools.

As others have pointed out BootCamp is an optional install. I agree
with Richard that Parallels or VMWare is a pretty good option without
requiring a reboot.

Bill Vlahos