Rev and SSL

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 23:44:44 EST 2008

Hello List,

In my experimenting with Rev stacks calling
server-side relay scripts (PHP) to connect
with MySQL databases, one other gap in my
knowledge has appeared.

At present, my stack connects to the relay-script
which resides in a password/user protected directory
thus:

  post tFormData to url "http://userID:userPWD@myurl.com/relayScript.php"

But I'm guessing the problem with this is the password
and user id are easily readable if someone intercepts
the connection between my stack and the server.

Looking around for a solution, SSL seems possible.
If so, what Rev commands should I look into?

I looked at "encrypt", but have no idea how to go
about finding "cipher", "passorkey", "salt", etc.

Is there a way to do it with "post"? For example,
by connecting to an "https" url, i.e.

     post tFormData to url "https://userID:userPWD@myurl.com/relayScript.php"

Thank you.

--