standalones again -- problems

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:05:36 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 10:13 AM, Peter Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any advice appreciated. I realize that some of this must be obvious
> to those more experienced than I, but I'm trying to learn....
>
> For my limited brain power, I'd go back to basics, I'd create a brand new
resizeable stack, with one button and script:

on mouseUp
  beep
end mouseUp

Save, create a standalone and see if it is resizeable in Win.

if (resizeable = false) then
  clearly some setting somewhere is incorrect
  Win users can make resizeable stacks
  track the incorrect setting down
  it may be a stack setting or a standalone builder setting
  get this simple stack to resize in Win
  remove all your workarounds in your recipe stack
  set the settings as above
else
  clearly your workarounds are not required
  remove them ALL
  messages are probably being lost
  in your recipe stack
  insert multiple "answer" dialogs throughout scripts
  ie answer "Step 1", answer "Step 2", answer "Step 3"
  good locations would be at the beginning & end of any
  preOpenStack
  preOpenCard
  OpenStack
  OpenCard scripts
  build as standalone
  for the Win build
  track down where the stack skips or doesn't answer
  this is probably where the Win build is going wrong
  check the docs, you may be using a Mac only feature
  fix as necessary
end if

Aaahhh, sorry, natural language scripting can be addictive ;-)

HTH