OT: MacBook randomly shuts down..

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 10:09:30 EST 2008

Chipp,

It could also be a bad battery. What is weird is that it can happen
even while the computer is plugged in to power.

It would also explain why it started recently.

There was a battery recall so I would check to see if yours is one
that Apple will replace for free. Taking it into an Apple Store would
be the best first step unless you have a spare battery and can swap
it out now.

In my experience crashes and freezes on OS X is almost always a
hardware problem.

Bill Vlahos