Getting a cgi stack call to work

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Thu Jan 3 16:19:57 EST 2008

I'm having problems getting the most simple example of a cgi stack
call to work. This is what I know.

I start with a simple file called "test.cgi":
---------------------
#!Revolution

on startup
    global buffer
    put "hi there" into buffer
    put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr & cr
    put buffer
end startup
---------------------

When I call on this from an html file, it works fine. No problem at all.

Next, I change the above "test.cgi" file to this:
---------------------
on startup
     start using "test.rev"
end startup
---------------------

I create a new Rev stack and insert only a stack script as follows:
---------------------
on librarystack
    global buffer
    put "hi there" into buffer
    put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr & cr
    put buffer
end librarystack

Every time I try to run this, I get a 500 error: Premature End of
Script Headers", and it always tells me the error occurs at the
"start using" line.

All the files and the stack have permissions set to 777 (does it
matter if it's 777 or 775?)

I'm testing this on an Intel Mac using the built-in server.

I've run out of things to look at. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Richard Miller