Sheep Shaver

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed Jan 2 07:32:27 EST 2008

Hi Judy,

My main problem is one of space. Actually, I have all the bases
covered; I just don't have the space to have them all running at the
same time. Unfortunately, my SE30 with OS8.0 pooped out on me a few
months back when I tried to start it up to check out some really old
files. Probably the battery went dead, since I didn't keep it
connected. My other problem is I'm just getting to dang old and my
eyesight isn't what I need it to be. I have so many back-ups and am
so disorganized that it would take me a life-time to get things in
proper order. One of the reasons I'm so reluctant to install Leopard
is that if I do, I won't have Tiger anywhere, since my mini-Mac has
an OSX that runs in Classic mode and the PPCs are too damn slow for
me to run any OSX on them. At my age, time has gotten to be a crucial
factor. (smile) Since I popped for the MacPro, I really would like it
to do all things for me, even the PC stuff if possible. Everything
has "suddenly" gotten so complicated that I can feel my brain cells
protesting. Add to all that the fact that the State of California has
just man-dated that everyone use a brand new version of the
California Building Code. Lots of new and different stuff that makes
me wonder if I should just close shop; but it is such a challenge!

I'm trying to gather my wits about me to start a new series of Rev
articles on Macinstruct.com, but this list reveals such amazing
exploits that I hardly know where to begin. What got me thinking
about all of this is that from some of the previous rhetoric on the
list, I was kind of thinking about taking on the "challenge/chore" of
producing Rev versions of the early Mac HC samples/templates;
something that was going to require that I conveniently access a
bunch of my old HC stacks, and do it on my newest, fastest Mac with
the largest screen.

I guess nothing is as easy as we would like it to be. Thanks for
letting me bend your ear(s) with stuff that shouldn't interest any of
you, since this whole thread - which I started - is pretty much OT.

Joe Wilkins