Button Timing Problem (I think)

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Feb 29 13:01:54 EST 2008

Hi Len,

1) Unfortunately, yes. So, I try to avoid this entirely.

2) I am not sure what your script looks like. First of all, I'd say
don't make a button respond to mouseDoubleUp if it may also respond to
mouseUp. If you are running a mouseDoubleUp script and want to make
sure that mouseUp doesn't run, you can use the flushEvents function at
the end of the mouseDoubleUp handler.

I understand your button is on a dialog. So, what about this.

-- button "Okay"
local lHaveBeenClicked -- that's an L not an i

on mouseUp
   if lHaveBeenClicked is not true then
     put true into lHaveBeenClicked
     -- run script
   end if
end mouseUp

setprop hasBeenClicked theBool
   put theBool into lHaveBeenClicked
end hasBeenClicked

Now in the stack script of your dialog:

on closeStack
   set the hasBeenClicked of btn "Okay" to false
end closeStack

Something like this might work.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter.
Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html