Coverflow in Rev

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Feb 28 23:35:05 EST 2008

Mark said:

>> On Apple's website, I have found some applets that contain scripts
>> showing any set of files in a QuickLook or QuickView window, but I
>> haven't found a way to use CoverFlow. I'd be very interested in a way
>> to get this done within Revolution.

There is a javascript variation of CoverFlow at:    http://myscraproom.net/

also:  http://members.tripod.com/rv6/flow3.html
also:   http://194.95.111.244/~countzero/scripts/_myImageFlow/    --
use arrow keys
also:  http://www.randytamayo.com/cf_index.html      --use arrow keys

Go to:    http://www.adventuresinsoftware.com/blog/?p=104     and you
will find
the following explanation.

---------------------
Michael L Perry Says:
April 28th, 2007 at 9:50 am
All of the code is available directly in the page. (Yes, I know it
should be broken out, but this was an experiment.) You can take this
code and use it as your own.

There are three ideas in the code.

First, the use of setTimeout to perform animation. setTimeout
schedules a function call to occur at some time in the future. If the
animation is not yet finished, this function should again call
setTimeout.

Second, the math behind the manipulation of the images. The path is a
100-unit hyperbola, where the observer is standing 100 diagonal units
away from the origin. Divide the image height by the perpendicular
distance from the observer to simulate vanishing. Change the zIndex to
simulate occlusion.

Third, the use of hidden div tags to hold data. Set the inner text of
a visible div tag to the inner text of a hidden one in order to place
the data on the screen.

sims
ClipaSearch Pro
http://www.ClipaTools.com