Extracting text from PDF

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 28 22:08:07 EST 2008

-= JB =- wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 5:49 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:
>>
>> In which 'Services' folder is PDF2RTFService installed? - The one in your
>> user account 'Library' folder or is it in the  'System/Library' folder?
>>
>> What other Services do you have installed - (both in your personal and
>> System Library)?
>>
>> I just find it incredibly handy so I'd hate you to miss out:-)
>

> That is an excellent question.  I installed it in my user account
> library not
> the System library.  I have been using OS X for around a year but these
> little things still can mess me up.
>
> I installed it in the System Library and guess what?  It still does not
> work.
> Maybe I am still doing something really stupid.

I installed it in my user library too, OS 10.4.11, Intel, and it works.
But when I installed it in my user library on a G4 Powerbook running
10.3.9, it didn't work there. Since you have the same OS I have on my
Intel, that leaves the G4 in common. It might be an incompatibility with
that.

One difference though is that TextEdit on my Powerbook does not dim PDF
files, I can choose them. However, none of them will open and TextEdit
throws an error about incompatible files.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com