Debugging Help

Thierry 00bioarchimed at free.fr
Thu Feb 28 04:06:34 EST 2008

Bonjour Len,

> While you may be right

I'm :-)
I wrote such a general statement, can't miss this one :-)
But too  broad, so probably not useful enough...

> (it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, even the first time
> today!), as best I can tell these are the same.

That's one of the point... We believe we see the whole picture,
but we generally don't, and even more with tools driven by events,
and GUI.

> <....> The script for both of these fields is IDENTICAL.  There is
> no other processing (at least as far as I can see) between pressing
> tab on the field and the closeField message.  Yes, I'm sure there
> are rawkeydown messages and such that go on but I don't handle any
> of those messages so they should be being handled by the engine.

Why not factorising your fields scripts in a card script, if they do
the same ?

> I'm really at a loss as to why one handler works (i.e., gives me
> the number I entered) and the one that returns "empty."  Very strange!

Well, without the stack and the code, a bit difficult to think about
this....
So, with my morning coffee, few guesses :-)

Are you sure you don't have 2 times a field with the same name in
your culprit group ?
  ( so you see on the screen one, and your script the second one...)
A typo ?
Are you quoting the field's names in your script ?
Did you tried to erase and retype your culprit script ?
etc....

Good luck and Enjoy your Day,
Thierry