Faking keypresses on Mac OS X

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 23:34:56 EST 2008

There is also the other system event codes:

Processes Suite  -  Terms and Events for controlling Processes
	click v : cause the target process to behave as if the UI element
were clicked
		click [UI element] : The UI element to be clicked.
			[at list] : when sent to a "process" object, the { x, y } location
at which to click, in global coordinates
			→ UI element
	key code v : cause the target process to behave as if key codes were
entered
		key code integer : The key code(s) to be sent. May be a list.
			[using command down/control down/option down/shift down] :
modifiers with which the key codes are to be entered
	keystroke v : cause the target process to behave as if keystrokes
were entered
		keystroke text : The keystrokes to be sent.
			[using command down/control down/option down/shift down] :
modifiers with which the keystrokes are to be entered

HTH

Tom