Debugging Help

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Feb 27 14:06:33 EST 2008

While you may be right (it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, even
the first time today!), as best I can tell these are the same.  I'll
explain:

I have a set of groups that act kind of like "sub-cards" on a single
card.  Only one of these groups is visible at a time (a set of buttons
on the side selects the "current group" and makes the previous group
invisible and the selected one visible.

Both groups have a field, xxx_code where "xxx" is either "completed_by"
or "assessed_by."  They also both have an adjacent field called xxx_name.

The script for both of these fields is IDENTICAL.  There is no other
processing (at least as far as I can see) between pressing tab on the
field and the closeField message.  Yes, I'm sure there are rawkeydown
messages and such that go on but I don't handle any of those messages so
they should be being handled by the engine.

I'm really at a loss as to why one handler works (i.e., gives me the
number I entered) and the one that returns "empty."  Very strange!

len morgan