Auto Save

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 26 19:18:18 EST 2008

Mikey wrote:
> Oh, yeah, and I would be remiss if I did not mention that 4D, an
> environment that I have used with ridiculous frequency during the last
> 19 years, also auto-saves, and has for as long as I can remember.

Disk-paging systems generally do.  Unless they use some complicated
cache-file scheme, they have no choice.

That's one of the things I love about Rev:  the developer is in control,
not the tool.

If we want auto-save, it's easy to do. If we want traditional document
behaviors, we can have that too.

Some apps need auto-save, some don't.  With Rev we can have it all.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal