The launch command

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 26 18:03:43 EST 2008

Richard Holton Pierce wrote:
> I have been reworking  a HyperCard stack from the mid 1990s as a
> Revolution stack. It contains geographical coordinates for
> archaeological sites, and I am trying to make a handler that will
> launch Google Earth from within my stack and then paste a set of
> coordinates into Google's search field.

Have you considered writing out a KLM file and then just using the
"launch document" command?

KLM is a simple format, and will launch the app right to the location
you're after.

I believe the "launch document" command works on both Mac and Win, so
you can run it on both of you need to.

On a side note, if the database you're working with is for sites in
North America (esp the southwest) I'd be very interested in learning
more about it.  I've started collecting info for a rock art database,
and have some other ideas about how software might be useful for the
practice and teaching of archaeology.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal