DP 4 for Linux: Aaaarrrggg!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 02:48:15 EST 2008

Andre, you say "well, it works on my EEE PC with multiple workspaces, I can
carry rev to workspace 1 to 4 with no problem..."

Yes, of course.  So can I.

But that is not what is meant by "working with no problem".  Can you put the
different windows on different workspaces, in the way Sarah describes, and
work on them?  Can you, for instance, put the script editor and the
application browser on one desktop, the dictionary on a different desktop,
and your app you are designing on a third, and have them all stay where you
put them and work in the different windows as you choose, by flipping from
one desktop to another?  I cannot.  They all move instantly back to the same
desktop the moment I use anything.

I'll have to do some research on locking. Maybe there are hacks.  But at the
moment, it does not work like I expect it to - like OO works for instance,
where the dictionary equivalent can be moved to a different desktop and just
stay there while you work on your spreadsheet.

Which, thankfully, I do less and less these days...

Peter