autosave / enter as save? 2.9B

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Feb 25 16:48:14 EST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:10 AM, Eric A. Engle wrote:

> There was a very useful thing in hypercard. If you
> used the enter key while editing a script the script
> would save.

This should work in Rev also. (Referring to the Enter key adjacent to
the numeric keypad, not the return key, which is often labeled "enter".)

enter in script editor - Applies the script

enter + enter - Applies and closes script editor

Command/control + S in script editor - Applies script and saves the
stack.

> Likewise, if you closed a script dialog, the script
> would automatically save any changes.
>
> I understand other users might not want either of
> those features but I really want them.
>
> Is there an option for autosaving of scripts on close
> -- I don't want to be asked each and every time I
> close a script window whether I want to apply the
> changes.

I just developed the enter + enter habit.

> Likewise, crtl+return or the enter key (where it
> exists, my laptop has no enter key) would be really
> nice for saving the script or saving the script and
> closing the script window.

Looks like you answered your own question on this one.

> Also, when I select a button from the pallette witht
> he button tool I cannot then draw a button on the
> screen. Though, if I double click the button icon a
> button appears. The ability to click a button icon and
> then drag the mouse on the card to draw the button
> would be really nice.

Somewhere between v. 2.2 and 2.5 the tools palette behavior changed
from a "modal-ish", choose tool - click and drag, to drag tool from
palette to card then resize new control. It took some getting used to
the change, but I like it better now.

Hope I'm understanding your questions properly.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University