RunRev for iPhone and iPod Touch

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 23 19:07:03 EST 2008

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> Richard, a lot of the people who say they don't like the iPhone
> keyboard are won over as soon as they actually use one.

In my case it was the other way around.  After all, it's rare that Apple
does something as completely baseless as the hockey-puck mouse, so I was
predisposed to thinking the virtual keyboard would be easy to use.

That is, until I used it.

Not having any tactile feedback on such tiny target areas makes it very
hard to get used to, and I hear this complaint from about half the
iPhone owners I know, including some with rather tiny hands, so we can
rule out hand-size being the determiner for this.

I'm not claiming my tiny sample of anecdotal input says much one way or
another.  Simply to answer your question, I find tactile feedback very
useful, and miss it in the iPod.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal